- 100 gr. of rice.
- 1 onion.
- 1 zucchini.
- 50 gr. of mushrooms.
- 2 carrots.
- 450 gr. about duck magret.
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 20 ml. of soy sauce.
- 20 ml. of water.
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
- Salt and black pepper.
- Sauté the onion cut into small squares with EVOO.
- Once we have the golden onion, add the sliced mushrooms, and the carrot and zucchini cut into strips.
- At the same time, cook the rice in a pot and prepare the sauce in a bowl.
- When we have the semi-poached vegetables, add the rice and let everything integrate.
- Finally add the sauce to the pan with the rice and let the vegetables finish cooking.
For the magret:
- Leave at room temperature, at least two hours before cooking.
- Clean the possible fat on the outside and draw some diamonds on the fat cover (without the cut reaching the lean meat).
- In a frying pan over very high heat, cook the duck magret on the cut side without moving it for about 7 min (until the skin is golden).
- As the fat melts, remove it in a bowl.
- After approximately 7 min, lower the heat and cook on the other side for 4-5 min. This last step can be done in the pan or in the oven. In case of finishing it in the oven, 3 min at 180º will be enough.
- Once we have the magret ready, let it rest for two minutes on top of a piece of wood so that later we can cut it with a very sharp knife on the diamond part.
In relation to the sauce, it is very soft since I was not interested in it taking away the prominence of the duck magret, but if you are going to do it without protein, you can increase quantities.
You can make this recipe with the meat that you like the most, although it is delicious with duck magret.